It’s Day 4 and the soreness hasn’t subsided. According to Men’s Fitness there are 5 ways you can combat muscle soreness:
- Drink plenty of water (rehydrating gives your muscles what they need to recover)
- Massage – Massage rollers or handheld massage devices work well
- Compression – Wearing compression clothing (helps with circulation)
- Sleep (8-9 hours is recommended to help you muscles repair and recover fully)
- Eating plenty of protein throughout the day (small portions rather than one large portion after your workout is recommended)
The only thing from that list I’ve been doing is drinking plenty of water and sleeping. I’m trying to eat more protein but my choices are limited due to my diet. I’ve been taking steaming hot showers/baths and stretching and that’s been getting me through so far. That and a little old school Tiger Balm.
This morning I did Beast Cardio which incorporates fast past weight lifting with jumping, squats, lunges and plank work. I was dripping in sweat and it was only 30 minutes. It’s very tiring. I was so tired when I was done that I got back in the bed to get some more sleep. The schedule required me to do Beast Abs as well and that was very hard. My core is not that strong so I look forward to seeing my progress as I work to complete this program.
In the afternoon I had to do Ab Intervals on the T25 series. That also mixes in a lot of cardio so you burn a good 250-300 calories within that 25 minutes. Once again I was sweating puddles.
I haven’t eaten much today. I’ve notice that as I watch my portion sizes, eating smaller meals throughout the day, and eating high fiber natural carbs like potatoes and apples, I’ve noticed a real difference in my appetite. I’m not as hungry and my cravings for certain foods have started to decrease. Eating almonds, whole fruit and filling foods like oatmeal really keep you sustained throughout the day and give you more energy.
Now, if only I could get rid of this muscle soreness…